Jun 13, 2017

Sold Out, A Love God Greatly Bible Study (my SOAP for 6/13/17)


Sold Out: Following Christ, No Matter What The Cost (A Love God Greatly Bible Study)
Week 1, Day 2, Tuesday, 6/13/17
Read: Luke 5:1-11
SOAP: Luke 5:10-11

“James and John, who were Zebedee’s sons and Simon’s partners, were also amazed. Jesus told Simon, “Don’t be afraid. From now on you will catch people instead of fish.” Simon and his partners brought the boats to the shore, left everything, and followed Jesus.” (God’s Word)

Peter, James and John couldn’t believe all the fish they caught after a night of catching nothing. They must have recognized this as a miracle because they left their jobs, left everything! And went with Jesus. This was huge! This is how they made their living and for them to just up and leave…I just can’t imagine.

Am I willing to be obedient to Jesus wherever he calls me to go or whatever he calls me to do? I would hope that this would be an obvious yes! I want to say yes to Jesus whatever he tells me. I have not yet experienced anything like this as of yet, however, he has answered a few of my prayers right there on the spot!

Dear Lord Jesus,
I want to do your will. I want to always say yes to you. Please help me to get quiet so I can hear your gentle whisper. Please Jesus take away any fear or anxiety I may have about saying yes to you. I do not like how I get so nervous sometimes to talk about you to others. Or to stand up for someone who is being treated wrong. Help me to be more bold in my faith. I love you Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment