Jun 12, 2017

Sold Out, A Love God Greatly Bible Study (my SOAP for 6/12/17)


Sold Out: Following Christ, No Matter What The Cost (A Love God Greatly Bible Study) Week 1, Day 1, Monday, 6/12/17
Read: John 18:10; John 13:5-9
SOAP: John 13:8-9

“Peter told Jesus, “You will never wash my feet.” Jesus replies to Peter, “If I don’t wash you, you don’t belong to me.” Simon Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, don’t wash only my feet. Wash my hands and my head too!” (God’s Word)

At first, Peter didn’t want Jesus to wash his feet…He was actually telling Jesus what to do here in these verses. It didn’t seem like anyone else objected though. Peter felt that Jesus was stooping too lowly by washing his feet, because he didn’t understand the real meaning behind it. Once Jesus said that he wouldn’t belong to him if he didn’t wash his feet, then Peter tried to tell Jesus what to do again by saying, “wash my hands and my head too”

I think Peter meant well, but he was really telling Jesus what to do. Do I tell Jesus what I want him to do? Or do I just accept what he does without question? I think this is a fine line that can be easily crossed. Even when I’m praying, I need to be careful that I’m not telling God what to do. It’s ok that I ask but just make sure that’s what I’m doing. Jesus is my example of what I need to do for others. Have a servant-like attitude.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for all you have done for us/done for me. Thank you for taking the attitude and position of a servant by washing the feet of your disciples. Thank you for dying a criminals death on the cross in order for me to be saved from my sins and for me to have eternal life. Thank you Jesus for saving me so many times over and over. I love you Jesus so much. In your name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment