May 9, 2017

Tuesday Slice of Life

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted in here and I’ve been itching to so bad.  So when the Slice of Life popped up in my email, I decided that’s it…here’s my chance.  So here I am. 

I live with my 94 year old grandma and help her with some of her needs.  Today I took her to see a new doctor which she was a little nervous about getting a new doctor.  But the doctor was so pleasant and so thorough, we were really impressed.  We were there quite a while so when we left it was past lunchtime.   Grandma said, let’s go get something to eat, so we went to a hamburger place.  It was so nice being there with grandma. We usually eat together at home anyway but today being out with her was just a little bit different.  I don’t know how many more days I have with grandma so anything, like a special outing, is precious.  She just talked about her friends and it was just great.  I sat there listening wishing I had a tape recorder.  I love listening to her stories. 

Well that was a special little slice of my day.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post of special time spent with your grandmother. Treasure every moment and every story. Maybe you could write some of what you remember from today's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and this precious moment. Such a treasure. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete