Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day 7 Slice of Life

Day 7

I just realized it’s 7:30pm (I’m on the west coast) and I haven’t blogged for today yet!  So I made some instant coffee, and here I am listening to some old hymns on Pandora, while starting to write.

My spirit is troubled tonight.  I was just reading through some of my friends blogs and Facebook messages and there is so much hurt out there.  Some of these people are just shattered. Their lives are being ripped apart and they don’t know what to do.  One thing I realized while reading through quite a few of these posts is that the person is still hanging on to hope, clinging to Jesus…barely hanging on but hanging on nonetheless. They are crying out to Jesus for help for their family members, while trying to be strong even though their hearts are breaking.

I admire my friends and I am so proud of them.  Even through the midst of trials their faith is strong. It’s easy to become bitter, resentful and question why Lord why…but when we can keep holding on to hope we can feel the peace of God.  I know that just saying the name, Jesus, can bring me comfort when I need it most.  I just need to call out to Him.  He is there, always has been and always will be.  Oh how my heart still breaks for my precious friends but I am thankful for my faith and for hope.

Until tomorrow… 

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing comfort, knowing that whenever we call out to Jesus He is there and knows the plans He has for us. I often wonder how those who don't have that comfort make it through their day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I don't know how they make it through either. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Holding on is our only option. We have a sign hanging in our house:

    In happy moments praise God
    In difficult moments seek God
    In quiet moments trust God
    In every moment thank God.

    Keep the faith and continue to pray for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I love that! I need to find a sign like that. Thanks so much for your comment and for stopping by. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I am so thankful for you, my beautiful friend! I don't know when the last time was that I felt like the enemy was on my heel and after my family! But, I know that all I have to do is call on the name of Jesus, and He reminds me that He is right there with me, walking by my side, and carrying me when I can't walk on my own. Thank you for your faithful prayers. I love you and am blessed to call you friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am equally thankful for you my amazing beautiful friend. Your faith just astounds me. I'm so proud of you. Don't lose hope...we always have hope and you have so many prayers going up for you right now. God bless you my friend.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs