Friday, March 3, 2017

Day 3 Slice of Life

Day 3

My kids…they mean the world to me.  I have a 16 year old daughter (whom I mentioned yesterday was her birthday) and a 13 year old son.  They struggled so bad in school the past few years that I ended up trying to homeschool them, which didn’t go well at all for either one of them.  So their dad and I talked and we decided to have the kids go live with him for the school year. He lives about 2 ½ hours away. The schools are a lot better in his area than in mine anyway.  Well the kids are doing really well in school over there and I am just so proud of both of them.

So basically I went from having them with me all of their lives to them living with their dad.  It was tough, it still is really tough. But knowing that they are being taken care of and are safe I know that we did the right thing. 

Anyway I said all of that to say that the kids are here for the weekend to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. YAY!!!  So we are going to dinner pretty soon and I am just really grateful for every chance I get to spend with them. 

Until tomorrow…

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure that was a difficult decision you had to make, but you kept your children at the heart of the decision. I'm happy to hear of their new success at school. As a teacher, that is my goal - for students to love coming to school to learn together! Enjoy the precious time with your children this weekend! Savor it and then capture the moments and write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement and for stopping by and commenting. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Moms always make decisions based on what is best for their children, even when it is a tough decision to make. My mom made the same decision 40 years ago. She wanted us to live where we had the best of everything. Today, we are as close as we've ever been and I admire her for her sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome to hear. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by. I truly appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. It is a great sacrifice on your part, and it was agonizing to make the decision. It will pay off someday and you all will reap the benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs