Mar 13, 2017

Day 13 Slice of Life

Day 13

Wow, I have missed the last 3 days and boy did I really miss you all.  I have been struck by migraine city and it really took its toll on me.  I just couldn’t get myself to get on the computer and write a blog post.  I’m feeling better today.  It’s still there, hanging on…but for the most part I do have some relief. So I’ve written another poem.  This one is called Lost, because that is how I feel so much of the time.  I just have no idea what to write.  I hope you enjoy it…

Lost

Trying to find my way
Walking around in circles
Don’t really know which way to go
Trying to write
All I get is a blank
A blinking cursor
Staring back at me
Daring me to type something
Will it be good enough
To share with others
Or one to shove away
In the drawer
With all of the rest
That didn’t pass
The test of sharing
I really hope
That all is not lost
For writing
Is what I do
It’s how I let out my emotions
Whether happy or sad
Hoping to inspire
Others along the way
To pour out their hearts
Their inner souls
Finding the way to peace
Through our words
Well at least I took a chance
On this white screen
That dared to challenge me
Feel like I can breathe again
Whether good or bad
I’ve finally let it out

©  Shannan Lee Williams

Until tomorrow…

4 comments:

  1. You did the best thing you could...when you fall off the horse, get back on.
    I can't imagine having a migraine. They must be pure misery. I'm so sorry. Great poetry. You did pretty well for starting with a "blank".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the various ways you use the word "lost," and the lines about shoving something away in the drawer with all the rest that didn't pass the test is very poignant, and something we can all relate to. Not just with writing, either, with all the parts of ourselve we don't feel are good enough to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the various ways you use the word "lost," and the lines about shoving something away in the drawer with all the rest that didn't pass the test is very poignant, and something we can all relate to. Not just with writing, either, with all the parts of ourselve we don't feel are good enough to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did let it out! So happy you jumped back in to find your words again. A beautiful poem that speaks to all of us as we continue to dig deep and share something that we deem worthy. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete