Jun 20, 2016

Thankful


Thankful 

It’s 107 degrees outside right now.  As I sit here at the table in my grandmother’s mobile home, I am extremely grateful for the cooler in the ceiling that’s in the living room and for my fan that is sitting right beside me blasting me in the face. 

I could complain about the heat and how it is affecting my health issues that I have, but each time I start to think about that I tell myself to stop.  I am just very thankful as there are so many people without the daily basic things that I have.  At the touch of a switch I have light.  At the turn of a dial the cooler comes on.  At the push of a button my fan comes on.  At the lifting of the faucet clear and clean water comes out.  You get the idea…

God has truly blessed me with so many things and I am truly grateful.  I thank God for providing for me and my basic needs.  I thank God for my grandmother giving me a home, a place where I feel secure and safe.  My grandmother is 93 years old and she is one tough cookie, but I have no idea how much longer she will be on this earth.  Sure I think about what will happen to me if something happens to her but I am really trying not to dwell on that.  I know God has a plan for me and He will make sure that I am alright.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” Jeremiah 29:11-12 (NIV)

I know I will be ok.  I have faith and trust in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am truly blessed to be a part of the family of God.  And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

 

11 comments:

  1. excellent baby, and yes no matter what we are going through there are so many that have it so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe and yes, I try to remember that when I start to complain about my issues.

      Delete
  2. Shannan this is beautiful! Thank you for the reminder to be thankful for the things we so easily take for granted. I found myself in the same situation the other day as I was complaining about the extreme temperatures outside, but God nudged me and reminded me of the luxuries He has blessed me with, like air conditioning. He has blessed me with so many things and placed so many wonderful people in my life, and I have no reason to complain, and every reason to just trust Him and thank Him! Thank you again my beautiful friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too and yes we need to remember what He has given us, even those things that seem so minor. There are so many people without that I am so grateful for what I do have.

      Delete
  3. Sunday, on Father's Day, my husband and I were riding around town trying to find just the right water hose for our home. Hubby wanted a certain one and several stores were out of that one. As we rode around town, complaining about not finding the hose, we noticed that on the other side of the interstate, there was a terrible crash. Lots of rescue vehicles, fire trucks and traffic was stopped. Hubby and I looked at each other and said how ridiculous it was that we were complaining about not finding a hose. Here were people on the other side of the road that had been hurt in a crash. Our thoughts were put back into perspective at that moment. We are thankful to God for His blessings. Thank you, Shannan, for sharing your heart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reply made me laugh. It's true though, we get so wrapped up in the little things we forget what's important.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! There are so many things to be thankful for in life. I never want to take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie, I say/think that all of the time; that I am so afraid of taking things for granted. That is something I never want to do either.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for this. This is a great reminder to be Thankful. I have spent some time now being in this place on Todd's illness that I completely forgot that I know what Gods love feels like and I have been complaining and taking it for granted when Todd, himself has not come to know Gods Love.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's got you sister and He's got Todd. You both are in my prayers. Love you

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for this. This is a great reminder to be Thankful. I have spent some time now being in this place on Todd's illness that I completely forgot that I know what Gods love feels like and I have been complaining and taking it for granted when Todd, himself has not come to know Gods Love.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete