Friday, April 1, 2016

A little about me...


These questions were posted in a writing group that I am in and I thought I would share them with you.  It's a very vulnerable post but it will give you more of an insight into my life and the way I am.
 
Reflection Questions:

• Have you ever considered your uniqueness as valuable?

Not until recently.  I always struggled with weight issues and and hated the fact that I had glasses and braces in the third grade.  It was a tough childhood.  My father was murdered when I was 9 which was third grade as well.  I began to experience depression and anxiety at a very young age because of this.  I was very insecure and shy.  This went on into my Jr. high and highschool years and then I kinda went a little crazy in my 20s…my parents moved to Tennessee and my sister and I decided to stay here in California cause I had a really good job at the time.  Anyway I partied, went to clubs, etc… got away from God.  I married at 26, had 2 children then my husband at the time decided to get on drugs and alcohol real bad.  He got kicked out of the army for it and we divorced when my second child was 9 months old.  So the kids and I  ended up moving in with my grandma (that was in 2003 and I am still here, taking care of grandma now). 
 
So after all of that I have finally got my relationship right with God again.  I struggle in the prayer area and giving things to Him but I am working on these.  I am trying to pray throughout the day instead of one big prayer in the evening and morning.  It is slowly becoming something I am getting used to doing.  I don’t just want it to be a habit….I want it to be something that I want to do throughout the day.

• Do you believe God considers you and the way you are wired as valuable? If not, take time to consider why.

I do now… I am a homebody but I have a huge heart for helping people and encouraging them online, on the phone, through snail mail…I just don’t do good in person.  But I do believe that I am valuable to God and others.  It has taken a lot of time to realize this for reasons stated above but I feel so much more at peace knowing this.

• Are you ready to trust God with what He says about you?

Yes I am.  I do trust God completely and know that He loves me and I am His child.  He is there for me when no one else is and I trust Him and His word.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Shannan, I cannot imagine what you went through as a young child with losing your dad in that way. I am so thankful that the Lord never gives up on us, that He continues to romance us and woo us back to Him. You have a beautiful heart and I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie...I am so thankful too for such a loving and caring Heavenly Father. I'm thankful for you too!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my sweet friend, I had no idea about your dad! I can't imagine such a tragedy at such a young age. I lost my dad when I was 15, and my little brother was just 9, but it was to sickness. That was hard enough.

    When you say that you love encouraging people, you are so right! You have been such an encouragement to me, and such an inspiration! I am so glad I met you, and truly pray that we will all be lucky enough to meet in person one day. I am sure God smiles down on you for being such a loving, caring granddaughter as well. I love you my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachelle as you have been such an encouragement to me as well!! I truly hope to meet all of my a "sisters" one day...well if not here it will for sure be a nice party in heaven!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your life and your heart with us. You have experienced so much. I am glad that God is allowing us to get to know each other. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa and I am truly blessed to be getting to know you. I love reading your blog posts!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hello there!! Love your blog. Thank you for sharing.. This is your story and God is good!! Thank you for being brave and sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs