Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What does it mean to Rise Up with your words? (link-up)


What does it mean to Rise Up with your words?

 

I’m in a group called Rise Up Writers that is ran by www.JoleneUnderwood.com

Jolene has put up a link-up and asked us the question…What does it mean to Rise Up with your words?

The first thing that comes to mind is that I have always wanted to be a writer; ever since I was a little girl.   I always had pen pals and wrote letters back and forth with my cousins who lived in another state.  I wrote in my diaries like crazy and just knew that one day I would be a famous writer.  Well a couple of years ago I wrote a poem.  I read it to my best friend and she said that it was really good.  So began my journey into the poetry world.  I now have two poetry books published.

Poetry is great and I really do enjoy it, however, I don’t feel complete with just the poetry.  My desire is to write for Christ…after all, I am who I am because of Him.  I want to give God all the glory that He deserves and one of the ways I can do that is with my writing.

So to answer this question about Rising Up with my words, I would have to say that using my words to bring glory to God is the best use of my words.  I can give Him the glory in my writing as I focus more on these types of posts.  One thing that’s been on my mind is writing a devotional using poetry and scripture, but I haven’t got very far on that yet.

I feel truly blessed to be in this group among other writers who are trying to make their voices heard just like me.  I praise God for blessing me with the passion for writing and all I can do is my best for Him. 

9 comments:

  1. Shannan, I am so proud of you for sharing these thoughts & I'm honored to journey with you. I'd love to see you do a devotional with poems if God continues to be pressing this on your heart. Keep listening. Keep writing. Keep on brave one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolene, I love this journey we are on even though I seem to be the last in line sometimes, lol. God bless you and thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Amen. You are giving God the glory in your writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend for your encouragement. God bless

      Delete
  3. I have read your first poetry book,but not the second one. The first one is beautiful, and once I started reading I couldn't stop till I was done. I can only imagine how beautiful a devotional written by you would be! You give God the glory just by being you. You have been such an inspiration to me, and you mean the world to me. Love you sister! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your first poetry book,but not the second one. The first one is beautiful, and once I started reading I couldn't stop till I was done. I can only imagine how beautiful a devotional written by you would be! You give God the glory just by being you. You have been such an inspiration to me, and you mean the world to me. Love you sister! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much my dear sister. I love you too and you have been an inspiration to me as well. God bless.

      Delete
  5. Shannon, I love this! It's always nice also to find a fellow poet. I haven't published any books, but I love writing poetry! And, like you, I want my words to glorify God and encourage others. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Gayl for visiting my blog and for your kind words. That's so awesome you write poetry too!! And yes I am definitely trying to write more God inspired poetry. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs