Feb 19, 2016

Five Minute Friday ~ Forget


FORGET

This word is a tough one for me, because I relate it to forgiving.  You know the saying, “Forgive and Forget”… Well, I have forgiven people only I haven’t forgotten what they did to me (or to someone else if the case may be). So have I really forgiven the person?  I mean really, truly forgiven them??  I just don’t know,

This happens a lot with my ex-husband.  If/When he makes me upset I will immediately start bringing up every bad thing he ever did, so have I really forgiven him?  As you can see this is a struggle for me that I deal with almost daily.

I wish I could forget certain things and feel the peace that I have truly forgiven.

8 comments:

  1. I think that's the hardest part isn't it? In the forgiving to also do the forgetting. I find it helps to remember just how much God has forgotten in the things I've done against him. Visiting from FMF #38.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right when you said remembering how much God has forgotten the things I have done against him. Thank you for this and God bless.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if forgetting is possible? I know forgiving is possible and needful, but, the memory fades and gets less poignant. Is that forgetting? You ask some really good questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I struggle with this constantly. I need to just give it to God and do the best I can and try to think before I react. God bless you and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from FMF. The struggle is definitely a real one - I think we all can relate to what you're saying. I am the same way...it is just so blasted hard sometimes, isn't it? I feel God understands how hard it is, don't you?

    Lynette
    ~#89 on linkup this wk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God that I really think he does understand. And I am trying soooo hard but yes sometimes it's really tough. Thanks for stopping by, and blessings to you

      Delete