Dec 11, 2015

Saving Rayne by Marissa Storm (my review)



My Review

This book is about a girl named Rayne who suffers from being sexually abused beginning at the tender age of 8.  This just leads to a downward spiral in her life and she feels that she is not loved or wanted by anyone.  She does meet a friend named Linda but Linda is not the best influence on Rayne. 

This is a heartbreaking story that reads like it was based on a true life experience.  I don’t think someone could make some of the things up that happened in this book.  This book is a real eye opener that I feel should be read by anyone who has kids or is around them.  This story about Rayne could be anyone. I think it affected me so much because things like this happen all of the time, and we don’t always see the signs that a child is showing that something is wrong.

Children usually believe adults when they tell them something.  When their family is threatened because the child tells on the person doing the abusing…well that child probably won’t tell their parents.  I could go on and on about this, but I will wrap it up.

This was a great awareness book that was hard to read, but a story that needed to be told.  Like I said above I highly recommend this book to anyone who has kids or is around them.  This book gets 5***** from this reviewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment