Mar 10, 2015

Old Fashioned by Rene Gutterridge (my review plus buy link)




Old Fashioned is the perfect name for this book.  One of the main characters Clay Walsh used to be a party/frat boy who was pretty wild.  He had a revelation one day when one of the Ten Commandments hit him pretty hard; the one about do not covet.  He completely changed his life.  He built his new life around running an antique shop.  He also pursued different ideas that were outdated about romance and love.  One example of this is that he wouldn’t even be in the same room with a woman alone
.
Amber is more of a free spirited kind of girl, who goes where her car takes her; literally.  She ran out of gas in front of the antique shop and that is where she decided would be her next residence.

I absolutely loved this book.  It was so nice to read an “old fashioned” story about someone with morals and godly beliefs.  Amber and Clay are so different from each other but sometimes opposites do attract.  It was so fun and heartfelt reading their story of getting to know each other.  I laughed and I got teary eyed.  It was great.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a new take on romance.  This is a must read and it gets 5 ***** from this reviewer.


I was given a copy of this book by Tyndale in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment