Sunday, February 15, 2015

Five Minute Friday ~ When

Five Minute Friday ~ When

“WHEN “

W henever my children are
H ome with me I will strive to treat them
Equally and let them know that our Father in heaven will
N ever let them go


My 11 year old son has autism, and my 13 year old daughter says that I treat her brother totally different than her.  I have tried to explain the differences in them to her, but she doesn’t quite get the big picture.  I do discipline them a bit differently and I talk to him in a different way than I talk to her.
 
I want to treat my children as our Father treats all of us.  He loves us no matter what.  Everyone is a child of God and that’s it.  I want my children to know that even if I do treat them a little bit different, I love them both the same and I will always be their mother. 

I encourage both of my kids to talk to me about anything.  I say what my mom said to me…whatever it is just tell me and we will get through it.  This is the same with our Father in heaven.  We can go to Him no matter what the situation is, and He will help us get through it.

Stop.

6 comments:

  1. My kids have complained that I've played favorites before. I am glad you tell your children they can come to you no matter what. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Barbie. That made things so much easier on me that I could tell my mom anything. Even now she'll say whatever it is just tell me. She has been a great spiritual leader for me. I pray you have a blessed week as well.

      Delete
  2. My heart goes out to you. Raising our children is tough. They all have such different needs and abilities and struggles. Just allowing your children the opportunity to be able to always talk to you will help you and them get through this tough life together - as a family - respecting and loving and listening to each other.
    *an FMF neighbor stopping by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for you comment Debra. I know I do treat the kids differently but they are sooooo different. It would be impossible not too. My daughter tells me things sometimes and I'm like, oh my gosh I did not need to know that, lol. But I just pray we can keep the communication going. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  3. My sons said the same thing. I love that God never let's us go. Blessings Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana for stopping by. Always good to hear from you. Yes I thank God for never letting us go and for being so patient and forgiving of us. Have a blessed week.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs