Sep 9, 2014

One Word Wednesday: Connection

One Word Wednesday:  Connection

My two kids and I live with my 92 year old grandma.  She has had a lot of problems with her knees in the last several years.  There is no cartilage left in them at all plus arthritis.  She recently had a total knee replacement on the left knee.  This put me in a position to really truly care for her.  Of course I didn’t mind this at all, as she has taken care of me all of my life.  My father was killed when I was 9 so my grandparents were a huge help to my mom, my sister and I.

Grandma and I share a very special and deep connection.  I thank God for this connection that we have.  I have lived with her for quite a while now and we are just as close as two people can be.  She is not only my grandma but a mom, and best friend as well.  I thank God that I was put in the position of needing a place to live and grandma inviting us to stay with her.  I never dreamed I would be here as long as I have but I do believe it has been a true blessing. 


I hope to always be connected the way we are as long as she is around.  She is such a God fearing and caring lady who loves the Lord with her whole being.  I thank God for her and for the connection that we have.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like your grandma is a very lucky lady. As are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and yes I'm feeling really blessed right about now

      Delete
  2. I love the way God works things out! I am off to browse around your site and learn more about you - you sound like such a wonderful woman! So glad you linked up - that's a connection worth reading about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks for your kind words, that means a lot. This was actually my first link up to this group. A friend of mine directed me here last night. So neat finding these groups like this. Take care and I know my blog is kinda crazy, stuff everywhere, but that's kinda like my life. I need hands in all things at all times, lol. Take care ~Shannan

      Delete