Aug 7, 2014

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for August 5th

The devotional for August 5th says, “Sit quietly in my presence while I bless you.  Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it.  Rest in my sufficiency as you consider the challenges this day presents.  Do not wear yourself out by worrying about whether you can cope with the pressures.  Keep looking to Me and communicating with Me as we walk through this day together.
Take time to rest in the wayside, for I am not in a hurry.  A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving.  When you rush, you forget who you are and Whose you are.  Remember that you are royalty in My kingdom.”

This message really spoke to me as if Jesus was sitting right here next to me.  I have been going crazy with trying to do book reviews, write poetry, and getting my daughters homeschool curriculum in order and her schedule.  I have been running around like a wild animal with no time for resting.  I haven’t even been sleeping because I can’t seem to shut my brain off.  This message is something I need to frame and look at everyday. 

In all reality nothing matters but our relationship with Christ.  He is what it comes down to.  We can’t take any of these earthly treasures with us when we die so we need to think about what is the most important and concentrate on Him.  Everything else will just fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment