Feb 21, 2014

Post from God's Daily Promises for Women from 2-20-2014 about Forgiveness

This was taken from my devotions yesterday 2-20-2014, from God’s Daily Promises for Women, Daily Wisdom From God’s Word (NLT).  It’s about Forgiveness and I wanted to share it with you.

“He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.  For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.  He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.”   ~ Psalm 103:10-12

Then this is the thought for the day from the same book and day:  “Forgiveness requires two parties: one to ask for it and the other to grant it.  Between you and God, you are always on the asking side, and he is always on the giving side.  If you are sincere, you are assured of God’s forgiveness because he has more than enough love and mercy to give.  No matter what mistakes you’ve made, when you belong to Jesus, God promises to take the stain of your sin and completely remove it.”

My thoughts:  I am so thankful and grateful to have a loving God to forgive me over and over for my sins.   I am also grateful that he is there always, without a shadow of a doubt, he is there.  He is there for me whatever I need him and that is a lot!


May you all have a blessed day ~Shannan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon, receiving forgiveness from God is simple as us asking but often one can struggle with forgiven ourselves. Glad to have you link up this week at The Friday Five Fellowship.

    ReplyDelete