Jan 16, 2014

My Favorite Scripture (P31 Blog Hop)

My favorite Bible verse(s) of all time is Isaiah 43: 1b-3a
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not even set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord, your God, the Hold One of Israel, your Savior.”

When I personalize this verse, this is what it looks like:

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed Shannan; when Shannan passes through the waters, I will be with her. And when Shannan passes through the rivers They will not sweep over her.  When Shannan walks through the fire she will not be burned.  The flames will not set her ablaze
For I am the Lord, Shannan’s God, The Holy One of Israel, Shannan’s Savior.”


These verses tell me that God is and always will be there for me no matter what.  I have nothing to fear with God on my side.  He will take care of me and of my every need.  I need to keep my eyes on Him and stay focused on Him.

24 comments:

  1. So glad to be on this journey with you, thanks so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy to be sharing this journey with you too :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't ISaiah awesome? I love Isa. 41:10 :) This one is awesome too! Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Isaiah is an awesome book!! And I just checked Isa. 41:10 is already highlighted in my Bible as an amazing verse as well :)

      Delete
  3. There's just something special about personalizing a verse... love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have these personalized ones all over my room :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Personalize it always and the meaning changes, just like our relationship with God. Blessings Shannan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes it does. Blessings to you too Lori.

      Delete
  5. I love the personalization! I am going to start doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yah it really brings the verse home for me when I personalize it.

      Delete
  6. I too LOVE how you personalized it. That is an awesome idea. :) Stopping in from the BlogHop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it makes the verse come alive and bring on a whole new meaning.

      Delete
  7. Hi Shannan! I love how you personalized the scripture to speak to you directly. What a difference it makes when we understand that the Word of God really is for each of us personally! There is POWER in the Word! :) Looking forward to studying together! Hugs~Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes makes a huge difference. Really looking forward to this study.

      Delete
  8. I am going to have to start personalizing the scripture as well. It really made a difference! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you made it your own!! wonderful

    ~Jess
    http://jesslivinginfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love placing myself into Scripture. It has really helped me see my need for everything in it!

    I am stopping by from the Made to Crave blog hop. I look forward to reading your updates each week. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes me too. It has brought scripture alive for me.

      Delete
  11. I LOVE the way you personalized that scripture! Our Pastor says feel free to insert your name in there and make it personal and you did just that! I look forward to all of us making it through this journey, and coming out better than we did when we started. :) Thank you for sharing!
    -Mya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, yes personalizing it makes such a difference for me.

    ReplyDelete