Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Believe Blog Hop Week One A Confident Heart

*I Believe ~ In order for change to take place, we have to first believe it is possible.  Refute your own thoughts of doubt with declarations of faith.
I John 5:5
“Who is it that overcomes the world?  Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”
I want to have a confident heart.  I believe that I can and will have a confident heart.  I want to really know God and really rely on Him.  I want to depend upon Him and His word with my whole heart, all of my mind and all of my soul. (A Confident Heart by Renee Swope, paraphrased)
I have always believed in God.  I grew up in a Christian home and was raised in a Nazarene church.  We went to church every Sunday morning and night (Sunday school, children’ church) and on Wednesday nights as well.  Whenever there was something going on at church we were there.  I also went to grade school at the same location as the church from k-6th.  Then went on to 7th and 8th grade at a Christian Jr. High.  I went to a public highschool and got a taste of the real world and things kinda went down hill after that.  I always kept my faith in the back of my head, but went down a few bad paths.
I have found myself again almost 20 years later and am almost where I would like to be.  I know God loves me and has forgiven me but I still think about some things I’ve done/mistakes I’ve made and can’t seem to get them out of my head.
I do believe God loves me and cares for me
I do believe God answers prayer
I do believe God forgives and has forgiven me
I do believe God wants what is best for me
I do believe God is my Father
I do believe God is there for me and always will be
Dear Jesus,

Please forgive me for doubting you and myself at times.  Please help me to keep You number one.  Help me to go to You first when problems arise.  Please help me to put all of my trust in You and learn to leave it with you.  Thank you for loving me and forgiving me so many times over, even when I feel I don’t deserve it.  Thank You for being so patient with me when I just don’t get it.  I love You Jesus,  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being so honest Shannan. The closer we get to God the more we see who he really is, the more we trust Him and believe in him and less of this world. He'll never give up on us.
    Lori Blackwell (OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs