Sep 23, 2013

Bible Study GAP Study Week 1 Question #4 They said "Yes" and I do too!

This week in Bible study we studied about Anna.  I hadn’t really paid much attention to her before, so it was exciting learning about her.

Here is her story which is found in Luke 2:36-38  “There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher.  She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.  She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.  Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.”

Anna has definitely inspired me to keep saying yes to God.  Her devotion to God is remarkable and unimaginable.  I could not imagine doing what she did.  She was an amazing woman and one that I would love to follow.  When I read about her story I feel excited about what God asks me to do, but nervous at the same time.  I am saying yes to God so I am ready for what He asks of me, but I am human so I still get a little nervous.

I will do my part in saying yes to God so that I can be prepared for works of service “until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” Ephesians 4:13.


Everybody has a story, no matter how big or how small.  I need to watch my actions, because even someone like me can be used by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment