Thursday, August 15, 2013

Radical Obedience Blog Hop Week 2 For Bible Study

This week in my Bible study we have been talking about saying yes to God and being obedient to Him.  One of the questions for our Blog Hop today asks, “Is there something God is asking you to give up?  What specific steps do you need to take to fulfill this obedience?”

Well this is something I have been struggling with for a while deep in my heart.  I feel like God is definitely trying to get my attention on a few things.  For my girls in the Bible study you will know what I’m talking about when I say this:  I fell apart last night answering the questions for chapter 3.  I broke down and cried and cried out to the Lord asking Him to confirm what He wants me to do.  I really feel deep in my heart that I know what He is asking me to do.  I just need to follow through with His calling.
The first question in What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa Terkeurst in Chapter 3 is:  “Read Titus 2:11-12 What are we to say no to?”  The answer is ungodliness and worldly passions.  There are some things I have to give up in order to be obedient to God.

I have to interrupt myself here because something is going on with me.  I know what God is asking of me and I am ready to be obedient to Him.  I got a new follower on Twitter today and she and I have been talking for about the past 30-45 minutes or so.  God is talking to me through her and I realize this.  I am feeling a peace that I have not felt in a really long time.   At the same time I am anxious, excited, scared, thrilled; all of these emotions.  But this is the first time (at least that I can remember) that I have really heard/felt God speaking to me.  I am ready to be obedient to Him; whatever that entails, and I am giving it my all. 


Here is one of my favorite verses from Isaiah: Isaiah 41:13  “For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

3 comments:

  1. Shannan, Love your vulnerability! Thank you for blessing us all by sharing from the heart.

    And I LOVE that you are truly beginning to feel that you hear God's voice. There is POWER in that, girlfriend. Excited to see where God will be leading you in the weeks, months and years ahead!! :) ~Steph (OBS Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blessings from your obedience is coming sister. He wants us to build our treasures in heaven, not here. We come in naked and we go out naked, none of this is going with us. Thank you for sharing scripture with, don't you love how God holds out his right hand to you, take that step towards him and fly. Lifting you up in prayers. (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you ladies, I am excited to see where all this is leading!! Yes Lori I love sharing scripture. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs