Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Soul Longing For More

I do have a soul that longs for more.  I want to grow into a deeper relationship with God.  I want to have a deeper connection with Him, and I want people to be able to see God in me.  Some actions I can take each day to become more aware of His presence are:
·         Read my Bible on a daily basis and throughout the day
·         Memorize scripture
·         Verse Mapping
·         Pray throughout the day (not just when I wake up and when I go to bed)
·         Take notice of things He’s created (nature)
·         Helping others
·         Listen for God’s still small voice
·         Being there for others
·         Being a good friend
·         Reaching out
Sometimes I get lazy and say, “Oh I’ll read my Bible later or “I’m too tired to pray right now”.  I think that I will get it done later.  I put things off and then they never get done.  I need to pursue those things at the time when I am thinking about them.  Later may never come.  Tomorrow may never come. “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. “ James 4:14 NIV

So starting right now I am going to do things NOW.  I will do my best not to put these things off.  I am a Say Yes To God Girl and I need to start acting like it!!

2 comments:

  1. HI Shannan!! So happy to be walking this faith journey with you! I love your action list of things you can do each day to become more aware of His presence. These are things we can all do in order to be positioned to hear, see, and know Him more. Great post! I'm shouting a resounding YES with you, sister!! love, Shelly (OBS Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs