Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breaking Point for Bible Study Group Week 10

I have reached my breaking point on several issues; however the one I am going to discuss tonight is the one pertaining to my writing.  I have wanted to be a writer ever since I was a little kid (like 2nd grade).  My passion for writing has just gotten stronger and stronger and I have finally come to a place in my life where I can pursue my dream.  Because of my health I can’t work so I am pretty much stuck at home, leaving me all the time in the world to write.  I should be thrilled, right??
It’s funny how God works.  So I start going crazy, thinking now is my time to write.  I’m thinking autobiography, Christian romance novel, my life as a single parent bringing up 2 kids with special needs devotional book, autism book, mental illness book, devotionals, blogs for all different subjects…yah I went a little nuts.  So God had to put a stop to that!  I have a massive panic attack, my eyes go blurry, plus all my health issues.  Now I can’t write anything.
So I realize I’ve overdone it and maybe God made my eyes blurry for a reason so that I would take a step back and let him tell me what He wants me to do.  Because really it doesn’t matter what I want to do, it matters what He wants me to do.  So I did that and I prayed.  I wrote everything out that I wanted to do and I felt God crossing off the list what I shouldn’t be doing, at least for now anyway.  So what was left was devotions and my blog.  Which I am totally comfortable with actually.  I am going to look into some devotional magazines and see how to send in devotions for them.  I am excited now and I don’t feel so stressed trying to do a million things at once.  I feel at peace with God’s decision, and if for some reason I have this wrong, I have no doubt that He will let me know right away!!

So I am praising God for helping me realize that I was doing too much and realizing that I needed to take a step back.  My eyes are much better now, and I feel good about this.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! It is an important step to try to back off and let God lead. It is a hard one for me, but well worth it in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard but this time i really didn't have a choice. And totally worth it!!

      Delete
  2. It is great you get to pursue your dream, but I love the wisdom: "Because really it doesn’t matter what I want to do, it matters what He wants me to do" Great and wise advise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me 39 years and 4 1/2 months to realize that piece of wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs