Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Lighthouse


May 15, 1983 my dad was killed, making yesterday the 30 year anniversary of his death.  I can’t believe it’s been that long.  They say it gets easier with time.  Well who are “they”?  That’s what I want to know.  I still miss him, I still think of him.  There are songs like the one below that if I hear I will be moved to tears in a heartbeat.   My dad became a Christian several weeks before he died and he clung to this song:
The Lighthouse
There's a lighthouse on a hillside
That overlooks life's sea
When I'm tossed, it sends out
A light that I might see
And the light that shines in darkness now
Will safely lead me thru the night
If it wasn't for The Lighthouse
My ship would sail no more.

And I thank God for The Lighthouse
     Well, I owe my life to Him
     For Jesus is The Lighthouse
     And from the rocks I've seen
     He has shown a light all around me
     That I might clearly see
     If it wasn't for The Lighthouse
     Tell me where would this ship be.

Everybody that lives about me
They said tear that lighthouse down
Cause the big ships they don't sail this way anymore
There's no use of it standing round
Then my mind goes back to that stormy night
When just in time, I saw that light
Yes that light from that old lighthouse
That stands up there on the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs