May 15, 2013

Relying on God

This is something I struggle with.  I think I can just do my own thing; go about my day to day business, on my own.  I get frustrated because I'm stressed/things don't go my way, or the way I think they should go.  And then I think, "oh yah, have I talked to God lately?"  I'm really going to put an effort into relying on Him more, trusting in Him, giving things to Him.

This verse is from my Stressed Less Bible study this week:  John 15:4-5 "Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.  Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing."

How am I going to do this?  I am going to do my best to read my Bible every day, I'm going to pray more every day (even if I have to write down my prayer at first to stay focused), I'm going to talk to my kids about Jesus more, I'm going to find a church and attend regularly, I'm going to read the devotions that are delivered to my email, I'm going to be more actively involved in my Bible study (that I wanted to do so bad).  I think that's a good start.

1 comment:

  1. that is an excellent start. good advice for all of us...

    ReplyDelete