Thursday, May 2, 2013

Power Surge (Bible Study Post For This Week)

This post is for my Bible Study for this week.  As some of you know, my son was born with autism. He also had a lot of ear infections. We had to have tubes put in his ears. He used to cry and cry for hours and not be able to go to sleep. There were many nights I would pat him and sing for hours just to soothe him. There were a couple of occasions where the crying was uncontrollable. I knew he would not be able to calm down with any amount of medicine or love from me.

On two separate occasions, I laid my hands on him and prayed this prayer: "Lord please heal this baby right now. Give him peace and allow him to go to sleep." Both times the crying stopped immediately. I thanked the Lord and told everyone. I had faith in God that He would give relief to my son at those very moments, and that is exactly what happened.

My son is going to turn 10 in 18 days and this moment is still fresh in my head like it was yesterday.  When I read the description for Power Surge this popped in my head immediately.  There have been several other occasions where I have felt God, but this one was so intense that it's the first one to come to mind every time.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - that is powerful! Isn't God good?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes God is good, I will never forget when this happened and I share it whenever I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - I had a son with ear infections also and my daughter too who had to have the plugs put in. I work with special needs children at jr. high. Hugs to you! Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I also have a daughter with autism who will be 12 this summer. Everyday is a blessing and an adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs