Monday, April 29, 2013

Writing about Autism and my son

So today I will be working on an article about my son who is 9 and has Autism.  I will be writing about how Autism has impacted our lives up until this point.  Will be going through lots of emotions today, as it is an up and down roller coaster ride all the time.  He's about to turn 10 so is this when the pre-teen craziness starts?  I know I've been going through this with my daughter, who is 12, but I didn't expect it to be so dramatic with my son.  Having the Autism just intensifies it I think.  

 He is in a Special Day Class with 4th-6th graders who also have Autism, and I'm sure a lot of those kids are going through puberty.  Oh boy.  I will keep remiding myself of the verse Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." 

I love when I can find a Bible verse to hold on to.  They really help get me through the tough times.  When all hope is lost and I don't know what to do, I turn to God, whom I should have turned to in the begininng!  But I am human.  I'm trying to do things the right way.  I just try to hold on to the promises we have from God; that helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs