Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stress and My Personal Life


This post will be a little different from the others as it will focus on me.  I’m going to give you a peek into my personal self today.  As I said a few days ago, I started this new Bible study;  Stressed Less.  Well I’m going to talk about some personal things in my life contributing to my stress today. 

My goal/reasoning for taking this study is obviously to help me deal with stress better.  I am a magnet for stress.  I have always had a lot of anxiety but lately (the last several years- even more so, the last 6 months), any little thing can set me off.  My chest will start hurting and my body will go numb in different areas.  So first I stop whatever I’m doing at that moment.  Then I usually stand there deep breathing and rub my chest and see if that helps (usually it doesn’t).  So I either call my mom or best friend and then sometimes I have to take that little round pill.

I have had some serious health problems come up this past ear.  I have neuropathy, bulging discs in my back, some scoliosis and arthritis in my back.  My legs and feet this last 6 months have been so swollen that most of my clothes don’t fit, nor do my shoes.  We have been trying to figure out why the swelling and also trying to get it down with water pills but nothing is working or making sense.  Well last week my doctor told me that he thinks it’s my heart.  Wow, that was a blow.  So of course I am going to be having a bunch of tests done real soon.

I also have a son (9) with Autism and a daughter (12) with Anxiety/Depression and who is very emotional.  All of this adds to a lot of stress for me along with everyday life.  So I am hoping and praying that this Bible study will help me deal with my stressors  better.  I need to find ways of coping better and I also know that I need to reach out to God more.  He is there waiting for me, why am I not reaching out to Him?

3 comments:

  1. I will lift you and your family up in prayer. Thank you for honoring us with your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. Lifting you up Shannan that you can find peach and help from this study. Thank you for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs