Apr 25, 2013

Isaiah 30:15b

 Rest. In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. ~ Isaiah 30:15b (NIV)

This verse is from my Bible study today.  This is a really tough one for me.  The words "rest" and "quietness" are kinda foreign to me.  My high level of anxiety really doesn't let me get to these two places very often.  I have major problems sleeping.  I sleep a few hours at night and catnap throughout the day when I need it.  It seems to work for me, but I know it's not healthy.  Quietness, ugh, I can't take it.  I always have the fan going and some kind of music.  When it's quiet I start to panic.  I have no idea why I am this way but that's how it is.  I can feel my skin start to crawl when that happens.

My mom and therapists have been trying to get me to do those relaxation exercises for years and they just stress me out, can't do them.  I don't understand, but everytime I try or even think about it.... I'm getting all antsy and itchy right now. 

Everyone says, "Just give it to God.  Trust Him, He will take care of it."  How do you do that?  I wish I knew, because that would be great.  I do not know how to do that, and I can't tell you how many people have said that to me.  I try, but it always comes back in my head.  All the stress and all the problems; are always right there sucking the life out of me.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh, so sorry. After you give it to God, you really have to give it to God. Have mercy on yourself, you are too hard. With God, professional assistance (and your mother) you will learn to positively handle the stress. Please pray for peace of mind. God is the God who sees. Day by day, little by little... Don't give up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I'm trying so hard.

      Delete
  2. Oh, sweet sister, I am praying for you.

    One week in "Let.It.Go.", we had the assignment to “get still and silent before the Lord”. It was something I desperately needed—my soul desperately needed!! Here is a link with some "being silent" exercises:


    http://www.heartlight.org/articles/200603/20060326_silence.html

    Some “be still” Scriptures:

    The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

    Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes! 1 Samuel 12:16

    Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God’s wonders. Job 37:14

    Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7a

    Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10a

    Be still before the Lord. Zechariah 2:13a

    In His love,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those verses. I think I need to take the Study Let It Go. I am writing these verses down.

      Delete